Exelixis® Internet Privacy Statement
Thank you for visiting our website. This is the Exelixis, Inc. ("Exelixis®") Internet Privacy Statement for this website, www.exelixis.com (the "Site"). We provide this Internet Privacy Statement to help website visitors understand our practices with respect to the collection, use, sharing and retention of the information we collect about them through the Site.
DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE AND SHARE IT
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information includes your name, address, e-mail, telephone number, survey information, website registrations or any other information which might reasonably be used to identify you individually. Exelixis® collects personally identifiable information from Site visitors when they submit it to us through the "Contact Us" form provided on the Site, or if they otherwise provide it to us. Exelixis also collects information identifiable to an individual Site visitor if that visitor enters the Site through a link in an e-mail received from us. We may use this information to respond to an e-mail or other inquiry or request, to help improve the Site and our services, or to send updates or notices about our company and the products we offer that we think may be of interest to Site visitors.
We may share personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties who provide us with services, such as the designer of the Site and others who assist us with technology, data management and analysis, communications with site visitors, or similar services. We do not share personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes. In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Exelixis® or its assets, we may transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to the acquiring party or assignee.
We may disclose personally identifiable information that we collect about you to others as we believe to be appropriate in the following circumstances: (i) when required by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (iv) to enforce the terms and conditions for use of the Site, including this Internet Privacy Statement; (v) to protect and defend our rights and property; (vi) to protect the interests and safety of Exelixis® or others; and (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We have no obligation to notify you of such disclosures, except as required by applicable law.
Exelixis® may also combine the personally identifiable information you provide with other generally or publicly available information to help us identify visitors' preferences or interests. We may use the information to improve the content of the Site or our products and services.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
The Exelixis® web server captures the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of each connection to the Site and the specific web pages visited during that connection. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider so you can access the Internet. It is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information because in most cases it changes each time you connect to the Internet. IP addresses may be used to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to the Site, and to administer and improve the Site. We may also use this information to help improve the Site and our services by better understanding our audience. Exelixis® may also collect non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visitors to each page of the Site, and the domain names of our visitors' Internet service providers. We may use this information to understand how our visitors use the Site and thereby to improve the Site.
We do not currently allow others to collect the PII of visitors to our Site by tracking the usage of either our Site or other websites.
Exelixis® does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13 years old through this website. If you are under age 13, please do not submit any PII to us. If you believe that a child under age 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone age 13 to 17 should seek their parent's or guardian's permission prior to using or disclosing any personal information on this website.
HOW YOU CAN CONTROL AND UPDATE DATA ABOUT YOU
Updating Contact Information
If we collect any of your personally identifiable information, we want to keep that information accurate and up-to-date in our records. Therefore, if you believe that your contact information needs to be updated, please contact us at email@example.com to correct or update your contact information. You may choose at any time to remove your name, telephone number and postal and e-mail addresses from the list we use to send notices or updates and elect not to receive correspondence from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Integrity and Security
Exelixis® takes reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information as you transmit your information from your computer to our website and to protect your information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. All information transmitted to this website is secure to the extent possible using existing technology. You should keep in mind, however, that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this website, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
This website may provide links to other websites as a service to our visitors. These are websites we believe may have helpful information. However, Exelixis® does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of third-party websites. Nor does Exelixis® have any control over information you may choose to provide to those websites.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
By using the website, you are deemed to understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of your personally identifiable information in the United States, with the awareness that the laws of the United States may not provide as much protection for personally identifiable information as the laws of certain other countries or territories.
We may update this Internet Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to the Internet Privacy Statement will become effective upon the date of our posting of the revised Statement on the website. If you use the website following the effective date of the revised Statement, you will be deemed to have accepted the Statement's updated terms. Accordingly, you should check this Internet Privacy Statement regularly for any changes.
Questions about the Exelixis® Internet Privacy Statement may be directed to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
What is the most important information I should know about COMETRIQ?
COMETRIQ can cause serious side effects which can lead to death, including:
- A tear in your stomach or intestinal wall (perforation), or an abnormal connection between 2 parts of your body (fistula). Tell your healthcare provider right away if you get:
- severe pain in your stomach-area (abdomen)
- coughing, gagging, and choking especially when eating or drinking
- Severe bleeding (hemorrhage). Tell your healthcare provider right away if you get any signs of
bleeding while taking or after you stop taking COMETRIQ, including:
- coughing up blood or blood clots
- vomiting blood or if your vomit looks like coffee-grounds
- red or black (looks like tar) stools
- menstrual bleeding that is heavier than normal
- any unusual or heavy bleeding
What are the possible side effects of COMETRIQ?
COMETRIQ may cause other serious side effects, including:
- See "What is the most important information I should know about COMETRIQ?"
- Blood clots, stroke, heart attack, and chest pain. Get emergency help right away if you get:
- swelling or pain in your arms or legs
- shortness of breath
- feel lightheaded or faint
- sweating more than usual
- numbness or weakness of your face, arm or leg, especially on one side of your body
- sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- sudden trouble walking
- dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- a sudden severe headache
- Wound healing problems. If you need to have surgery, tell your healthcare provider that you are taking COMETRIQ. Your healthcare provider should stop your treatment with COMETRIQ at least 28 days before any planned surgery, including dental procedures. Your healthcare provider should tell you when you may start taking COMETRIQ again after surgery.
- High blood pressure (hypertension). Hypertension is common with COMETRIQ and can be severe. Your healthcare provider will check your blood pressure before starting COMETRIQ and during treatment with COMETRIQ. If needed, your healthcare provider may prescribe medicine to treat your high blood pressure.
- Severe jaw bone problems (osteonecrosis). Symptoms may include jaw pain, toothache, or sores on your gums. Your healthcare provider should examine your mouth before you start and during treatment with COMETRIQ. Tell your dentist that you are taking COMETRIQ. It is important for you to practice good mouth care during treatment with COMETRIQ.
- A skin problem called hand-foot skin reaction. Hand-foot skin reactions are common with COMETRIQ and can be severe. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have rashes, redness, pain, swelling, or blisters on the palms of your hands or soles of your feet.
- Protein in your urine and possible kidney problems. Symptoms may include swelling in your hands, arms, legs, or feet.
- Reversible Posterior Leukoencephalopathy Syndrome (RPLS). A condition called reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome can happen during treatment with COMETRIQ. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have headaches, seizures, confusion, changes in vision, or problems thinking.
Your healthcare provider may change your dose, temporarily stop, or permanently stop treatment with COMETRIQ if you have certain side effects.
The most common side effects of COMETRIQ are:
- redness, swelling or pain in your mouth or throat, or mouth sores. Tell your healthcare provider if these symptoms prevent you from eating or drinking.
- weight loss
- decreased appetite
- hair color turning lighter
- change in taste
- pain in your abdomen
- increased liver function blood tests
- decreased calcium and phosphate blood levels
- decreased white blood cell counts
- decreased platelet counts
- increased bilirubin blood levels
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of COMETRIQ. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Before you take COMETRIQ, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions including if you:
- have a recent history of coughing up blood or bleeding or any unusual bleeding
- have an open wound
- have high blood pressure
- plan to have any surgery or a dental procedure
- have liver problems
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. COMETRIQ can harm your unborn baby. If you are able to become pregnant, you should use effective birth control during treatment and for 4 months after the final dose of COMETRIQ. Talk to your healthcare provider about birth control methods that may be right for you. If you become pregnant or think you are pregnant, tell your healthcare provider right away.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if COMETRIQ passes into your breast milk. Do not breastfeed during treatment and for 4 months after the final dose of COMETRIQ.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription or over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. COMETRIQ and certain other medicines may affect each other causing side effects.
How should I take COMETRIQ?
- Take COMETRIQ exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to take it.
- Do not take COMETRIQ with food. Do not eat for at least 2 hours before and at least 1 hour after taking COMETRIQ.
- Swallow COMETRIQ capsules whole with a full glass (at least 8 ounces) of water.
- Do not crush or open COMETRIQ capsules.
- If you miss a dose and your next dose is in:
- less than 12 hours, take your next dose at the normal time. Do not make up the missed dose.
- 12 hours or more, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Take your next dose at the normal time.
What should I avoid while taking COMETRIQ?
Do not drink grapefruit juice, eat grapefruit or supplements that contain grapefruit during treatment with COMETRIQ.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Please click here to see the full Prescribing Information, including Boxed Warnings, for COMETRIQ.Back to top